A BUD switch (Block Update Detector) takes advantage of game mechanics, allowing for the detection of block updates.
A simple BUD switch can be created by placing a sticky piston with a slime block on top and then a redstone block on top of that. When a block update happens beside the sticky piston it extends pushing the redstone block up and powering a redstone line.
Events that cause block updates Edit
- Placing a block
- Removing a block
- Using /setblock or other commands
- Falling sand turns into block, or block turns into falling sand
- Sheep eats grass
- Dirt is hoed
- Grass is turned into path blocks
- Crops (any type) / cactus / sugar cane / chorus fruit grows
- Buttons, levers, pressure plates
- Redstone stuff gets powered or unpowered
- An entity goes throught string (even if there is no tripwire hook, it will give a block update)
(add) (possibly create + link a page specific to these)