The following lists known information about the act of actual fishing. If you want to see information about fishing rods, the unknown entity, etc, please visit their respective pages. Thanks!
- The bobber entity (entity created at end of fishing line)
- Fishing rod (not written yet[if you see it is written, please link it here])
When it is raining, the chance of catching a fish goes up 40%. (From 1/500 ticks to 1/300 ticks)
There are 65 uses on a fishing rod.
A Fishing rod is useful in PVP on servers like hypixel, because it stops their sprint jump and makes them just sprint. This is helpful when chasing someone. In vanilla, a fishing rod does not effect players.
As of snapshot 20w12a:
☀When fishing, treasure loot can now only be obtained by fishing in open waters.
- A fishing location is considered to be open water if the following conditions are met:
- There is at least a 5×1×5 area of water beneath the bobber and a 5×2×5 area of air above (for a combined 5×3×5 free area required).
- Waterlogged blocks that have no collision, such as signs and coral count as water. However, bubble columns do not
|Item||Percent Chance||Extra Data|
|Fishing Rod||2.410%||up to 90% damaged|
|Ink Sac||12.048%||10 Items|
|Leather Boots||12.048%||up to 90% damaged|
|Item||Percent Chance||Extra Data||Ench.|
|Bow||16.667%||up to 25% damaged||Lvl. 30|
|Ench. Book||16.667%||Lvl. 30|
|Fishing Rod||16.667%||up to 25% damaged||Lvl. 30|
|Luck o' the sea||Decreases Amount||Increases Amount||N/A|
|Lure||Decreases Amount||Decreases Amount||Increases Amount|
The enchantment "Lure" is known for decreasing the time until the next catch when throwing the bobber.